Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Marfa Fashion Shoot Pt. 1 - Retro Glam

Darlings,
I mentioned to you before that I styled a fashion shoot with my dear friend Kayla Barker in marfa a while back. Here are some of the photos! Kayla is going to give us several posts, and I am doing a style recap for each one. Here are some fun details about part one!
(click photos to view larger)






1. Our gorgeous model, Michelle, had never done any modeling before... she totally blew me away! I knew she had a perfect style for what I wanted for the shoot, but I had no idea how comfortable she would be in front of a camera. SHE WAS A NATURAL. Girl could work it!
For all of these shots, I had pulled Michelle's hair into a slow, loose side bun. (Tutorial to come)
In this segment, she wore a Phoebe Couture dress. This dress went perfectly with the glorious Thunderbird Hotel's surroundings. The shoes are  Michelle's own - I have no idea where they are from, but they happened to be great. 
For jewelry, Michelle is wearing the following Stella & Dot items:


I kept the accessories simple for this one. Her makeup is a simple, elegant style, with a touch of drama. I used NARS blush in Desire. I applied a dark plum shadow to the crease and created a wing, and used a heavy line of Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner.
The lipstick in these shots was a revlon color that I will have to hunt down to remember. :)



2. Also at the Thunderbird, the shots in the green dress were high on drama and low on fuss. The dress is a vintage find that I came across in an Austin Thrift store a few years ago. It is one of my favorite pieces. Ever. 
With the color change, I left Michelle's makeup as it was. She wore:





3. The final outfit in the Retro Glam series was a Bestey Johnson dress. I snagged it at the outlet in San Marcos for a steal. Again we used Michelle's shoes, which modernized the look.
We pulled back her bangs for this one - I think it sweetened her face. It was lovely. 
I intensified her plum and black makeup, deepening the concentration. For her lips, we switched to a pinkish tone.
Her jewelry was pretty fabulous for this one:
J. Crew Starfish Earrings $34.95

The women in the laundromat were having quite a time watching us!
This was such a fun adventure...

Make sure to check out Kayla's full post (MORE PHOTOS!).
There is more to come. :)

xoxo,
dash

No comments:

Post a Comment