Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wardrobe Wednesday: One Piece, Two Ways

Darlings,
As you may have guessed, I LOVE vintage shopping. LOVE. I also love getting creative with my vintage finds - e.g. this skirt.
This dark blue floral skirt is gorgeous. My sole concern was that it would be too long for everyday wear, because it's not quite a maxi but not quite a summer-skirt. Here is a look at it:



Cute, right? But the other day was cold, and I wanted to wear tights with it. And tights look pretty dumb with a skirt this long on a girl this short. So, I put on my thinking cap, and VIOLA! A new outfit was born:





It makes a perfect strapless dress!
I'm so excited to have made this discovery, and now I can't wait for sunny weather so I can bare my shoulders in this little dress.
My favorite part is this: it took no alterations whatsoever. Just a little creativity. 

Do you have any clothing that has convertible capabilities? I'd love to hear about it in the comments!

xoxo,
dash 


No comments:

Post a Comment